Sofia, 2 Hristo Belchev str. +359 877 90 17 30

VAT registration


When do you need a VAT registration?

If you are planning to have an international business based in Bulgaria which is going to operate within the EU, then most probably your company will need to be VAT registered.

Actually your company is obligated to be VAT registered if it’s going to offer services. All companies that offer services within the EU are obligated to have a VAT registration. If you are trading within the EU, you will need this when the company has a turnover of 20 000 BGN (approximately 10 200 EUR) for the last 12 months.

If you only plan to have your business within Bulgaria, then you only need to make the registration if your company has a turnover of 50 000 BGN (approximately 25 500 EUR) for the last 12 months.